RampagesGarage

• March 04, 2021, 05:46:31 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: So Rampy, our fearless messiah of the rat sled OMC.......  (Read 1099 times)

EricR

• View Profile
So Rampy, our fearless messiah of the rat sled OMC.......
« on: March 09, 2014, 10:00:59 AM »

While some in the hobby live way out in the country and have big pole sheds to store stuff in, and ample room to ride from the house, you seem to do quite well with an old wood one car garage on what appears to be a narrow long lot with an alley.

How old is the Ramper abode? Does it have a creepy Hannibal Lechter cellar? Just how many sleds, trailers, rampers and other stuff CAN one cram in to such a space?

I say this because my place in snowless Georgia is a house built mainly in 1950 or so with a garage in back, two car size but with one 7'x7' bay door.  My lot is 100x150', and I cram my 16' twin axle trailer, boat and trailer, and my 4x8 box trailer in the back yard along with a project car under a car port I tacked on (shhhhhhh! Permit? Shermit!) and small coop for three chickinz I ain't 'sposta have...)

Rampage

• Administrator
  • Show biz kids making movies
    • View Profile
    • Rampagesgarage.com
Re: So Rampy, our fearless messiah of the rat sled OMC.......
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2014, 11:21:51 AM »

well ya gotta do what ya gotta do,

But I do have the rented 2o x 22 garage in Minneapolis over by the river for a decade now .  Thats as big a mess as my yard is.

Einstein did his best stuff when he was working as a patent clerk!
« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 11:24:01 AM by Rampage »
We are Monkeys with money and guns

Rampage

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Rampagesgarage.com
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2014, 11:50:52 AM »

my hero!

EricR

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2014, 03:01:04 PM »

Every time I think we should find a bigger piece of property in the more rural area as we are being closed in by commercial development, I realize our house is 2/3 paid for, the mortgage and property taxes are low, and my wife and I have ten minute drives to work. 

I have replaced or had replaced most of the expensive shit, heat/ac system, tore out the shag carpet laid in the 70's and redid the hardwood under it, redone the kitchen, I have a decent de-thatched garage/workshop, and why start all over again? 

When we do move, it will be out of the state and to some big piece of rural property where I can play with my old farm tractors, have some critters, ride around my old sleds when it snows, and put a large chunk of cash down on it all.

Rampage

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Rampagesgarage.com
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2014, 04:56:35 PM »

and EASY TO HEAT
« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 05:32:36 PM by Rampage »